Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Chromebook Cart



I was awarded a grant from my district to purchase a set of Chromebook carts so that I can be 2:1 part of the day, and 1:1 for another part. This blog is a place for me to dump some of the ideas and insights I've had.

The first thing I've that shocked me in having technology on my students' desks every day all day is how much of everything I do is changed.

I view myself as a pretty with-it teacher, that does a pretty good job at differentiating instruction. I had a beautiful plan about how I was going to have these Chromebooks modify instruction to something that was previously unimaginable. I had a great plan going into developing a 2:1 and 1:1 classroom. I knew what I was doing. I had research questions and enough experience to know what I should generally expect.

I was wrong.

On so many levels. I had no idea how many facets of my teaching game having that many machines in my room would change. Over the next few days I'm going to talk about different challenges I faced, questions that came up, and a few of the solutions I found as I developed as a teacher.

Topics I plan to write about:

Furniture: Why I ditched my kidney table, and why I'm not going back

Management: I didn't realize how little control I had

Grade book: How do kids turn things in? What does that look like?

Going paperless: PDFs and quizzes

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to read more of your insights, Lewis. Putting your reflections out in public takes courage, but what power that has for you as a teacher. Thanks for providing an opportunity for others (and not just students) to learn from you and with you.

    ReplyDelete